Although we don’t wear our philanthropy actions on our sleeves, ACTC is a not-for-profit organization so we strive to have a zero-sum annual budget by donating a steady and predictable amount to bicycling-related organizations. ACTC is run by volunteers so all the proceeds from members’ dues, Tierra Bella, and Sierra to the Sea, go to governing our club, events such as the Russian River Rally, producing the Black and Blue Bottom newsletters and www.actc.org website, and to philanthropic actions.
ACTC has supported these organizations in the last decade.
- League of American Bicyclists
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Adventure Cycling Association
- CABO – California Association of Bicycle Organizations
- Turning Wheels for Kids
- Good Karma Bikes
- San Jose Sacred Heart Community Services Job Link, enabling low-income earners to get to work
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Engineering Department, bicycle design
- San Jose Bicycle Club, Junior Program
- Palo Alto Veterans Hospital, Blind Veterans Tandem Program
- Mountain View Kidical Mass
- San Jose History Museum, Bike Festival
- San Jose Gardner Academy, helped to start the Aztec Bicycle Club at this elementary school
- Guadalupe River Park Conservancy
- San Jose Velodrome
- City of Gilroy, Recreation Department
- City of Gilroy, Share the Road Bicycle Signage
- City of Morgan Hill, Recreation Department
- Gavilan College
- City of San Jose, trails beautification with drought-resistant native plants and graffiti removal
- Rails to Trails
It is hard to quantify results from ACTC’s philanthropic actions, especially with the national and state-level advocacy groups. However, with local programs, it is very heart-warming to see children getting their first bicycle, less-fortunate workers able to bicycle to work and not be dependent on inefficient public transportation, a San Jose Bicycle Club junior getting a Silver medal at the US National, and blind veterans happily feeling the wind on their face.
Thank you for supporting ACTC either as a member or joining us on Tierra Bella and Sierra to the Sea — count on ACTC to be the club with a kind heart.
Tony Le, ACTC President